Thursday, May 30, 2013

UNABASHED: Chardline Chanel Faiteau

This week, I am introducing a new segment!!!!! The segment will be called "Unabashed" and every week I will feature a plus size person who I think epitomizes the phrase "big and beautiful." Through this segment, I want to share with you some of the people who inspire me, and hopefully inspire you all in the process. I will feature everybody and anybody from bloggers, models, plus size industry prifessionals and even the girl next door! Inspiration comes from various sources, and you can be inspirational in many ways so there will be a wide variety of features... :-)

Now that I've introduced the segment, I would like to introduce my first feature, Chardline. She is one of the most inspirational people that I have met since moving to Boston. I don't care what anyone says, this girl is my best friend in my head, and i look up to her in so many ways. She is a 24 year young plus size fashion and health enthusiast who has been inspiring people through her amazing fitness journey.

She describes herself as a LIFE ENTHUSIAST who loves all the blessings that GOD has put in her life and, as a person who loves to encourage people to reach their fullest potential as well as find what makes THEM special.


Name: Chardline Chanel Faiteau
Location: Dorchester, MA
Occupation: Community Liasion fo Mayor’s Office.
Blog: Plus Size Beausion (www.chardline.com)

Follow me: @itsameechardio (twitter)
                    @fabulouslyfat2fit (instagram)
                     www.facebook.com/chardline


When and why did you start blogging?

I started blogging as a means to express my love for myself in 2011. At first it started out by self-hate and not being able to find ANYTHING to wear…but little by little I found myself growing to love myself and seeing myself in a light I never knew existed. Through finding fashionable clothing I saw that I was beautiful. Then I learned to embrace the IMMATERIAL. I saw that I was more than a pretty face and that when I chose what to wear, a piece of the joyful and effervescent person that I am shines through my style. Then I thought to myself, “if I am going through this struggle, I am sure there are other women who can benefit from this.” It was then Plus Size Beausion was born. I first started on Tumblr then in 2013 I went on to start publishing under www.chardline.com





What amazing experiences have you had because of blogging?
Networking. I love to meet woman like me from all over the world. From Brazil to Cali to right here in Boston I have met some AMAZING women! I’ve also met women who said that I’ve inspired them to come out of their shell. Hearing that was music to my soul because I remember a time when I lived in a shell and didn’t want to look at mirror. From aspiring models, to fashionistas, to health enthusiasts, it is always an adventure!





Who are your fashion icons?
My fashion Icons today are: Rihanna, Solange, Joie Fulani, Angel Wonder, Shainna Tucker, Tamara Wilson, Marilyn Monroe, Marcia Kim, Nadia Aboulhosn, Smallie, and Allison McGevna. They embrace all different types of fashion and I wish I could raid their closets in my size.




Favorite Trends for this season?
My favorite trend this season has to be black and white. I know…very plain BUT I’VE NEVER SEEN SO MUCH LIFE when they are combined. Add a little neon in there and you're good to go.





What new piece in your wardrobe are you most excited to style?
My friend Jeminatu is one of the founders of Afrik Inspired and she is making an outfit for me that I am ECSTATIC about from Ankara patterns. It will be neck tie, earrings, bangles, shorts, peplum skirt and scarf! I can’t wait to do it up!

 Favorite places to shop?

I don’t know if this list will ever end but my top 10 place would be:
  • Thift Shops
  • Etsy
  • Ebay
  • Fashion to Figure
  • Wole
  • Ose Uhseh
  • Grandmother’s Closet
  • Forever 21
  • Instagram Boutiques (there’s at least 60 of them)
  • TJ Maxx
What is your number 1 piece of advice when shopping?
If it doesn’t call to you, don’t buy it. I used to be a trend shopper. A trend shopper is someone who loves to shop by whatever is trending at the moment. EVEN IF I DIDN’T LIKE THE TREND I’D BUY IT. But now, I embrace all trends no matter what the season. Vintage has to be my favorite because they are timeless so ALWAYS TRY TO ADD SOME VINTAGE ITEMS TO THAT CLOSET!



So I know you started an amazing fitness journey. Could you tell us a bit about that?
Recently, the doctor told me that I was very unhealthy and that I was on the verge of getting diabetes and other weight related diseases. With the recent discovery of my grandmother’s heart failure, I chose to take back my health a step at a time. I researched different ways to try and get there and I am happy to say I am 40lbs down! I can run faster, breathe better, and I eat COMPLETELY DIFFERENT then how I used to eat. I exercise 6 times a week and LOVE IT! I actually fill incomplete when I am standing still!





What is your current favorite new healthy meal?
My favorite meal would have to be Salmon with Teriyaki Mango seasoning…Multigrain Mixed Veggie Medley and Red Quinoa.

What tips would you give for girls out there who want healthy curves?
Start small work your way up. Talk to people who are on their own journey. Or schedule an appointment to see a nutrionist. Eating is truly 70% of the battle. Make sure you double check all your research and write down EVERYTHING so that you don’t skip a beat and it will be easier for you to figure out why weight was gained or lost.





Any last minute words of inspiration?
Always find that one spark that induces SELF LOVE! Just because you want to lose weight, doesn’t mean you don’t love yourself or how you look IT JUST MEANS THAT YOU ARE TAKING TIME TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY THAT LOVE SO DEARLY! Also, don’t let someone tell you are ugly or you can’t dress that’s just a person imparting their insecurities about themselves in hopes that you’ll feel as nasty as they do! EMBRACE YOUR BEAUTY!!



Everyone needs to head over to Chardline's blog and check it out. She has some great fashion advice on there as well as ideas for whenever you are not sure where to look for certain clothing.


I hope you all enjoyed my first feature, and if you know anyone who deserves to be featured or if you would like to be featured, feel free to email me at forbiddenvanity@gmail.com with some pictures, a link to any websites as well as a short description.

Stay Succulent!

No comments:

Post a Comment