Tuesday, September 20, 2011

UNABASHED: Gabi Gregg


Hey ladies!!!!

Seeing as this is my first real blog post, I decided to dedicate it to someone who really inspires me. She is one of the first plus size bloggers that i ever followed and she is the one who made me want to start blogging. Ever since I discovered her blog, my life has not been the same....

Gabi Gregg is a 25 year old New Yorker who has been blogging for about 3 years, since October 2008. She runs the blog Gabifresh, formerly called Young, Fat and Fabulous and if you are a plus size woman who follows blogs and you haven't heard of her, please tell me what rock you have been living under, lol. She started out as a plus size fashion blogger but she has gained acclaim as a fashion blogger in general. She has been featured in several publications including Glamour, Teen Vogue, Cosmo Poland, The Guardian, The New York Times, and has even appeared on Good Morning America.

Last year, Gabi beat several people to win MTV's Twitter Jockey contest to become MTV's first twitter Jockey. Plus Model magazine has named her one of the most stylish New Yorkers, she is a blogger for Vogue Italia and she even styled Fashion to Figure's Early Summer 2011 Lookbook. To top this off, she has partnered with The Lmited to bring out Eloquii, their first ever Plus size fashion line. It is set to come out sometime this fall.

I think Gabi is one of the most stylish plus size women out there. She always looks amazing but one aspect of her style that I absolutely love is her gorgeous blazers and jackets. Take a look at some of my faves below.


I love how she doesn't let the fact that she is plus size limit her or prevent her from looking good. She doesn't let clothes dictate how she should look but rather, she takes the clothes and wears them in the way that she wants them to look. In an interview with Tiffany from Fatshopaholic, she said something powerful that has stuck with me ever since. She said, "it's not about copying the look and buying the exact items, it's more about translating styles you may admire onto your own body."

Gabi is an amazing woman and her blogger success story is one that anyone would die for. She truly is one of my big inspirations when it comes to style, as well as attitude and body positivity. Check out a few of her many looks that I love:







Make sure you check out Gabi's blog at http://www.gabifresh.com!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! Gabi is such a fashion inspiration!

    http://karaskronicles88.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! I'm plus size and is so happy that you have a blog like this, this is to important to me like major support its hard to find plus size clothing and seeing pic's of how other girls that look like me are so fashionable makes me feel better about myself.... much love!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yo tb soy una chica plus size y te agradezco el post porque me ha inspirado para poder decidirme a escribir el mio.
    chicadeapie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete